Through this mold removal guide, learn a few basic tricks on how to get rid of mold from your house.

A mold is a fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae. In some cases, mold in your house can make you sick especially if you have respiratory problems like asthma and allergies. This is so because mold has the ability to lower the air quality of its surrounding which causes harmful diseases to catch hold of you. Mold exposure can even create problems like irritation in your nose, eyes, throat, skin. Therefore its really crucial to perform a mold removal procedure in your house and afterward, take proper care of it and ultimately, yourself!

Inhaling mold spore for a prolonged period can be really fatal in some cases. Molds are not always visible to your eyes which makes it hard to remove them to the core. There could be thousands of spores around you yet you would not be able to see them. We strongly suggest you not to wait until you clearly see the symptoms of mold exposure rather you should be active and look for mold growth before it causes fatal diseases.

You can either hire a trained professional or do a mold test by yourself. Collect samples from different areas of your home and send them to the lab for the further testing procedure. It is always a good idea to hire a trained professional for mold removal as it needs experience and a lot of self-care while doing it. Professionals are must if you have health issues, it’s highly discouraging and risky to do the mold spore removal on your own in such case.

Precautions

Wear a breathing mask of high quality to ensure that your nose and mouth are covered properly. Having a protective mask is the primary stage of dealing with molds. Also, wear goggles and gloves to protect your eyes and hands.

Any ordinary mask will not do. A-95 is the minimal type of breathing mask that you should wear while removing molds.

TIP: If your home has a high count of mold, never do the cleaning on your own as you may skip on the invisible spores. 

Possible Homely Solutions

1. Vinegar

Vinegar can kill 82% of mold in your home. Simply add vinegar in a spray bottle and spray the vinegar onto the affected surface and leave it for an hour or so. Now use water to wipe clean the area.

2. Tea Tree Oil

Tea Tree oil remains the most effective remedy for cleaning mold in a natural way. Fill up the spray bottle with water keeping in mind how many cups of water it takes for this step. Now add tea tree oil, 1 teaspoon for every 1 cup of water. Spray the solution to the infected surface and leave it. No need for cleaning or rinse.

3. Ethanol

Use ethanol to remove mold and get rid of any kind of pests. Dilute ethanol and spray it on the mold spores once in a week.

Caution: Don’t use this solution near inflammable areas like near stoves etc. 

4. Citrus Extract

Dilute citrus extract in a spray bottle and spray it on the area to get rid of mold the safe way. Use it regularly even after the mold disappears to ensure it doesn’t come back.

5. Baking Soda

Add one quarter of baking soda and enough water to a spray bottle. Spray the moldy area with this solution and then use a sponge to remove all the mold spores from the surface. Once done, rinse the area with water and again spray the solution and let it dry.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here